Featured Jobs (Please note: I have no further information on these publications than what is posted on this page.)
Content Marketing Manager (Penticton, Langley, Duncan)
If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
We’re a financial cooperative that does things differently. That means we create innovative yet simple solutions to help people achieve their financial dreams and life goals. We make a difference by helping to build healthy communities. Our work environments will accelerate your personal and professional growth inspiring you to lead with courage. We strive to be an employer of choice in Canada, not just for what we do, but how we do it.
Exceed the limits of what you thought was possible and bring out your full potential. Inspire yourself with purpose and create new possibilities— for your future, for the lives of others and for the communities you’re part of.
We are currently seeking a Content Marketing Manager to join our team.
The Content Marketing Manager is a high-impact member of the marketing team charged with managing the creation and commercialization of our marketing & educational content to drive engagement and ultimately create opportunities to grow membership and drive product engagement for our divisional brands. The Content Marketing Manager is responsible for the content strategy and planning, writing and developing content, executing social media promotions and working collaboratively with the marketing team to maximize the impact of our content across our owned, earned and paid media channels. The Content Marketing Manager is observant to outward trends, needs, and behaviours in the financial services space and beyond, and draw from that to create excitement for our brand. Works closely with our digital team to publish content on our web platforms all the while implementing SEO best practices to keep our websites and content prominent in search rankings.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
Create written and multimedia content for commercialization across digital and offline channels in support of our financial education and marketing objectives. Build strong stakeholder relationships within First West to uncover the stories and aha moments that make compelling educational and promotional content. Messaging will be clear, consistent and aligned to the values, interests and needs of our primary and segmented audiences. Manages external content vendor agreements and output as required.
- Develop and execute promotional activities across shared and paid channels (as required) to ensure marketing content achieves strong visibility and engagement.
- Manage and steward our content marketing strategy and planning, collaborating closely with divisional marketing leads and other content creators to ensure multi-channel consistency and dovetail direction and timing.
- Copywriting and proofing for digital and offline channels to ensure our brand, products, services and promotions best appeal to targeted audiences. Includes product and promotional writing for web and ensuring we can be found online with focused attention to SEO maintenance and optimization.
- Manage video content and promotion including vendor agreements and relationships, collaborating with other content and local marketing specialists to leverage local opportunities and support the First West content strategy.
Support First West’s digital media advertising to ensure content developed by First West maximizes content opportunities and impact in digital advertising, including publisher and social media influencer campaigns.
Provide campaign success standards, tracking, and innovative improvements for all marketing engagement and corporate citizenship campaigns, including member communication strategies to support these initiatives.
- Provide secondary 24/7 web support for emergency member communication updates related to branch closures, offline services, and other important notifications.
- Website content creation, review and publishing responsibilities.
- Provide support ad recommendations to the marketing manager for optimization of owned content on paid media channels
- Manage all content marketing-related vendor relationships, ensuring deliverables are of a high standard, delivered within timelines and on budget
Manage the content marketing budget, including expenditures for content creation, production and distribution, subscriptions and vendor agreements and payments.
Undergraduate courses / degree in Business, Marketing or Communications or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum of 6 years direct experience writing for the Web, content marketing creation and / or managing boosted / paid social media campaigns.
Strong technical understanding of online/mobile best practices and UX
Experience in SEO and content optimization practices
Proven ability to bring online/mobile enhancements from ideation to execution
Experience in publishing content through CMS platforms
Proven ability as a great writer: starting with a little insight, ability to research, interview and draft up a stories and content that captivate with entertainment and education
- Proven ability to successfully execute social media and direct channel campaigns that drives engagement and sales opportunities via content marketing
- Understand of the concept “brand”: communicating in a specific voice and purpose
- Highly organized, can work to a deadline and juggle the needs of multiple approving stakeholders and be adaptable to change.
- Prove experience writing for web, with a demonstrated understanding of SEO optimization and ensuring strong search result rankings.
- Interested to stay up-to-date on emerging trends in technology and web best practices, including those related specifically to financial services
Why work for us?
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
Diversity & Inclusion